Going through University with schizophrenia

 




Face it school is hard and university even harder. Getting a hard time in university is hard without any problems. Imagine having a mental illness such as schizophrenia while having to get through university.

Here is some tip that can help you going through university with schizophrenia.

 Find support systems

As a student with schizophrenia back then, it was important to have a great support system going through university. The support system can be your family, your few close friends even one of the lecturers. I found it important to have a support system that can help you when things get rough or even when you have an anxiety attack in the university.

Find your way to focus more on the lecture

Back then, it was really hard for me to keep my focus because as a schizophrenic those voices or even things can easily distract me from my studies. Nowadays there are more tools to help students with schizophrenia such as writing gadget that can also record the lecture. I have my own way of keeping my focus such as writing down everything while the lecturer speaks. It helps me keep my focus.

Give yourself self-care by doing what you like

After finishing a semester don’t forget to give yourself a self-care by doing what you like such as traveling with your family or simply doing your hobbies. Trust me you’ve been great you need to reward yourself.

Simply just don’t give up

There are times when I have to finish my final assignment in order to graduate many things scare me. Most of the students that have mental illness in my uni usually only last four semesters. I went through a hard time even experiencing physical stress such as dandruff. I went through it by simply deciding not to give up and eventually, I managed to go through University. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals