Understanding Schizophrenia: 3 Types & My Story (Living with Paranoid Schizophrenia)


There is a saying: “Before you heal, you must know first”. It also applies to mental illness, not just physical illness. With physical illness, you can feel like vomiting, fever, cough, sneeze, stomach ache and many more. You may think this only applies to physical illness.

The answer is No, this can also apply to mental illness!

Before I got diagnosed, I also experienced the symptoms! How about you? Maybe you’re experiencing the symptoms but still don’t know what it is! The good news is I give you three types of schizophrenia that you may experience.

What is schizophrenia?

According to Google, schizophrenia is a mental illness that affect to think, feel, and react.

As a schizophrenic myself, I experienced many symptoms like:

Isolating

Hard to fall asleep

Difficulties to focus

Like to get mad

Hallucinations

3 types of schizophrenia

-Paranoid schizophrenia the one that I diagnosed as

-Simple schizophrenia according to Mental Health UK, is not really severe because the person experiencing this usually experiences the negative symptoms. Still, the positive symptoms such as hallucinations don’t really experience this.

-Residual schizophrenia where a person experiences only the negative symptoms. The difference from simple schizophrenia is people with simple schizophrenia sometimes experience positive symptoms.

-Unspecified schizophrenia where the symptoms fit all the criteria but do not fit into any categories.

About paranoid schizophrenia the symptoms that I experienced

As I mentioned above I experienced all the negative symptoms as well as hallucinations. What really makes paranoid schizophrenia different for me is that I hear negative voices every time I pass people or must deal with people.

This makes me down for a while because those voices really torment me, especially in my early days as a schizophrenic. Back then I had to go to school and handle people which makes it worse.

Reference

https://www.alodokter.com/skizofrenia/gejala

https://mentalhealth-uk.org/help-and-information/conditions/schizophrenia/types-of-schizophrenia/

 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals