Fighting Victim Mentality: The Importance of "I Need to Change, Not the Situation Around Me" Mindset



As a woman struggling with mental health issues, I'm still fighting against the victim mentality. Growing up, I was exposed to traditional fairytales that portrayed women as damsels in distress, waiting to be rescued by a prince. This narrative has a profound impact on our mindset, leading us to feel helpless and powerless.

Personally, I used to believe that if the situation around me changed, I could change too. However, I've come to realize that it's not the situation that needs to change, but rather myself. It's a mindset shift that requires courage, determination, and a willingness to take control of our lives.

My journey with mental illness has been challenging, and I've had to fight this mindset every day. But when I finally accepted that I needed to change myself, not my situation, everything changed. I started taking matters into my own hands, studying hard, and battling with my inner demons.

Having this mindset shift has been transformative. It's helped me focus on becoming the best version of myself and recognizing that what others think about me is fleeting. When we take responsibility for our own growth and development, we become more resilient and empowered.

So, if you're still struggling with the victim mentality, don't worry – it's okay. It takes time to change our mindset. Remember that no knight or white horse prince is waiting to rescue you; instead, it's up to you to do the hard work of changing your mindset. Good luck!

 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals