4 Reasons why positive affirmations matters for your mental health.

Source image:Pintrest.com 

Have you ever heard about positive affirmations? You know the kind that you affirm to yourselves usually in the morning before you start your day.

That’s just words it doesn’t make a difference

As a person with mental illness, I do positive affirmations every day and it does make a difference. Positive affirmations may just consist of positive words but they actually impact more than that here are 4 reasons why positive affirmations matter for your mental health.

# 1 It sets the mood of the day

When you start off your day with positive affirmations, the affirmations usually set the mood of the day. Take it from my experience when I do positive affirmation it just makes my day better eventough bad things happen that day. In Uni this often happens but I keep being reminded of the positive affirmation that I did in the morning.

# 2 It enlightens you and others

Back in Uni, only a few people know about my mental illness and many don’t really or don’t want to understand about it. But affirming positive words every morning made me become a ‘you can do it’ girl in Uni. Affirming it makes many people want to be around me because of it.

# 3 Cheer yourself after failing.

I fail yep as a person we all have experienced, failures. Usually, when I face failures, the positive affirmation word can be like energy to cheer me. When I fail in a subject and I have to retake it it is devastating but I keep getting reminded of the positive affirmations to keep me moving forward.

#4 Gives you energy during the day

Positive affirmations give me energy when I have to face failure and often something like a demonstration near my Uni, the word keeps on coming back to me. Even though I got bullied by a few people, their words just don’t get to me and I keep fighting the battle in my mind.

Positive affirmations are good for your mental health because they set the mood of the day, enlighten you and others, Cheer you when you fail, and give you energy. From my experience, I know that positive affirmations are indeed good for my mental health, or maybe yours too.

So, have you done positive affirmations too? Do you know another reason and impact that positive affirmation makes? Be sure to comment!

 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals