4 recommended good habit that you should start

 


Source pic: Pinterest 

Having healthy and good habits is important for everyone. Especially when you have depression. It's hard almost all the time to take care of myself especially during the hard times that I experienced as a paranoid schizophrenic. Here are my recommendations for a habit that you should start.

# 1 Writing a diary/ journal/reflection

Is it just me or maybe you do this too? As a human, we have to reflect to get better in life right? Writing a diary once already my habit but then  I decided to pick up writing a diary as a habit since University. Being a mentally ill patient makes the need of self-reflection and letting out emotions. Gradually ending my day with a diary became my habit again to really let out the emotions I feel throughout the day.

# 2 Working out/doing sports

It’s a habit that I recently started to do again. They said healthy minds need healthy bodies too right? I think the saying is right because I really feel that after I work out everything feels so much better.

# 3 Morning affirmation

This is also a habit I picked up when I was in one of my lowest moments at University. I started to do morning affirmations and gradually it changed my mood that day. When things fell apart or didn’t happen as I wanted to the morning affirmation gave me energy to keep moving forward.

# 4 Scroll down on social media

One of my friends in the schizophrenia community shared that depression and schizophrenia made him delete his social media account back then. It’s a good thing but I recommend just scrolling down on the posts that you don’t like or can make you compare yourself with other people. Remember that you can't control what they post but you can control the information that you want to take in.

That’s all but I will update you once I develop other good habits. Do you have another recommendation? Tell me in a comment okay!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals