4 Reasons why its Important to accept yourself for your mental health

 

Source: Pinterest 

Today, I want to share reasons why it's important to accept yourself for your mental health. So, if you know my story I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when I was in my last year of High School and back then. I just can't accept myself for many reasons though.

As time went by, I discovered that accepting yourself is important for your mental health despite having a mental illness or not simply an important thing. Here is my reason why it's important to accept yourself for your mental health.

# 1 Makes you comfortable to be yourself

When it comes to accepting yourself that makes you able to be you. Accept your past and present work towards the future. Knowing yourself and being you really is an important thing because it makes you comfortable to be yourself.

# 2 Boost your confidence

When you accept yourself including your flaws and painful past. Okay, it’s difficult to accept sometimes. When I decided to accept myself it boosted my confidence that I could share my stories and interact with people more. That despite my mental illness I can be more confident because I’ve been through so much.

# 3 Discover new ways to handle your flaws

At the time I started to accept myself, I was just a college student and yep I had it hard especially when I told a few of my friends about it. Then, I discovered new ways to handle my mental illness like keeping my focus in class by taking notes, expressing my emotions in my diary, and so on. When you accept yourself surely you’ll discover new ways to handle your flaws.

# 4 Gives you more ability to accept other’s flaws

As I accept myself, it gives me the ability to accept my friends and other people's flaws. Because, face it everyone has a flaw and nobody’s perfect. It begins with feeling sympathetic to accepting their flaws.

Finally, we’re at the end of this article. I hope you try to accept yourself and by accepting yourself you eventually become more open to accepting other’s flaws. If you have another reason why it’s important to accept yourself be sure to comment okay! 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals