Letters to Myself #4 Dear Younger Me, Who Couldn’t Let Go

 


To Crown Prince Cassiel Verkhen age 20

Dear Younger me,

I know you wish Vivianne can be with you or Callan there when you couldn’t control yourself. I know you wish to come back to Crown Academy.

Just forget it!

You kept waiting for Vivianne to break off her engagement with Laurent Kingdom.

I know you keep telling yourself that you will get Vivianne no matter what.

And that try a little more slowly become a sword that tore you apart.

 You thought holding on means that you still cared.

Many thoughts cross your mind.

You keep hope because if you’re not it means you’re giving up.

You’re afraid if you stop waiting, it meant that you didn’t care enough about Vivianne.

 

I know that’s hard.

I know you start a war for her.

Remember when you went back to Crown Academy?

Look at how Darian treat Vivianne and you wanted to give up but you can’t because you think she will finally look at you.

But some things don’t need to be fixed

Not every relationship needs to be saved.

Not every dream you’ve ever had needs to come true.

And not every version of the past needs to be carried into the future.

 

There are things that truly come to an end—not because someone failed, but because their time has simply run out.

 

I know you’re afraid what came after!

Like you can lose your position as crown prince or your dad will be really mad at you!

Let me tell you the hard truth: fear made you continue to cling to something that was no longer right for you.

 

I want you to know that letting go of Vivianne didn’t erase the past you shared with her.

Your relationship with Vivianne can be beautiful but if she’s not meant for you, it will still end.

I know you think if you can be with Vivianne you’ll be happy.

But people change.

I wish you could just cry.

You could just cry after Vivianne’s rejection and move on.

Because sometimes we can’t truly let go of something until we admit that we’ve actually lost it.

You don’t have to carry it forever.

You can still remember those memories then smile without feeling like a loser just because you don’t became the crown prince anymore.

And perhaps that is the true nature of healing:

not forgetting, but no longer feeling the need to return.

 

You don't have to hate what you are leaving behind. You can love what it meant to you, thank it for the time you had, and still choose to walk away.

 

Cassiel remember: Letting go doesn't mean it didn't matter. It means you're finally making room for what comes next.

From Grand Duke Cassiel Dresten age 27 who is happily married a noble lady from Verkhen.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Review novel When Love Walked In karya Ega Dyp

Cara Menulis Klimaks Cerita yang Meledak: Panduan Step-by-Step untuk Penulis Fiksi

Mengenal 9 posisi dalam kpop grup