Fighting victim mentality- Being a victim vs being a victor

 

These days, I am on a bible plan that I hope will free me from this victim mentality. Before we jump in, let’s first define the definitions.

What is a victim and a victor?

According to the Cambridge Dictionary, a victim is someone or something that has been hurt, damaged,  or killed or has suffered, either because of the actions of someone or something else, or because of illness or chance.

Meanwhile, according to the Oxford Dictionary, a victor is a person who defeats enemies in battle, a game, or another competition.

See the difference?

I have recently been told by my mentor that I really must get rid of this victim mentality that is the core cause of what I’m feeling now.

I used to really blame others for all my problems. The fairytale I read when I was little also didn’t help. In most of it, a girl is just a damsel in distress waiting for their prince riding a white horse to come to their rescue. Do you guys get it? As girls, we are so used to being a damsel in distress waiting for our white horse prince to save us!

In the real world, this has to stop. I realized that I’ve been living in the lie that I must wait for somebody to save me. But the truth is, the one who can save me except for Jesus is myself.

I used to be really childish and blame everyone for everything that’s happened to me I realized that I have to grow up.

Then I continue to read the bible plan. I try to be a victor, not a victim. Even when I’m dealing with hallucinations or when something is wrong I try to put on the shoes of a victor, not a victim.

The true meaning that I discovered.

A victor can save themselves and work to be the best version of themselves while the victim just blames others for their mistakes.

Every time I feel something or something happened for example rejection, I try to work and solve it. I tried to convince myself maybe it was just not meant for me, maybe I’ll get worse if I got accepted. I want to try being a victor, not a victim.

What about your experience? Be sure to comment!

 

 

Reference: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/victim

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Definition+of+Victor&toWww=1&redig=957D3D49E7434CF1813FC49FFC7045A9


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

3 Reasons Why I Chose Amsterdam as the Setting for Double Minority Hanna

5 reasons to not isolate yourself despite your mental illness

Four reasons why to-do list is important to reach your goals