Letters to People I Haven’t Met Yet # 1 Dear Future Husband


 


From Annaliese Hart age 23

Dear future husband,

You don’t know me yet and honestly, I don’t know you either.

You’ll probably think I’m silly writing to you right now.

 

You probably is sitting in the couch in front of the television and watching me act right now! Yes, I’m an actress still not famous yet but working my way through it. I often act as a best friend of the main female lead or even an extra but I’m just starting.

 

Future husband, we haven’t met yet but I hope when the time comes, I want you to know that you will not have to complete my life. Because I just want us to build something that makes both our lives bigger.

 

I hope we can become friends first or someone that can hang out with. I want to  enjoy the moments when we sends meme to each other. I hope you know when I say “I'm fine” but I'm actually just hungry and tired.

 

I can picture us already sitting beside each other, with no words but it’s enough to fill our hearts just with each other being present.

 

I don’t expect life to be perfect because I know we came from a different background and environment.

I want us to be couple that can disagree then apologize. Or a couple that can fight but still get together after that.

I want us to be that couple that gives each other space you with your world and me with mine.

I want us to be a couple that can always ask each other for help even giving help when needed.

 

Please don’t become my whole world.

When we get together later, I want some time to hang out with my friends and I will also allow you to hang out with yours.

 

I also want us to still have our personal interests me in acting I want to have separate time to watch movies, series or even learning the character that I will portray.

I hope we choose each other without having to lose ourselves.

Future husband, I know I’m not perfect.

At times, I can be defensive especially about my family.

At times, I need time to understand something.

At times I can bring my insecurity to our relationship.

 

But I promise I'll care enough to learn when I do.

 

When we get married later, I hope we can enjoy ordinary things.

Like going grocery shopping together.

It will be fun to argue over which movie to watch.

How about treating each other to a special date after we achieve something even small? We can take turns planning it.

I am also looking forward to take care of you when you’re sick like you will when I’m sick.

 

 

I hope you know that you can come to me when you’re tired.

I hope you know that you can come to me when you’re disappointed at something.

I hope you know that you can come to me when you’re confused about something.

You can also come to me when you fail, I’ll help stand back up. That how a couple supposed to be right? Love should feel like somewhere you can exhale.

 

So, while you're somewhere living your life, I'll be here living mine. I’ll go to many auditions play many roles until I’m big enough for you to notice me. I’ll also learn to be a better person to others.

 

Maybe one day, you'll read this.

Maybe you'll laugh at how much I worried about meeting someone who didn't even know I existed yet.

Or maybe, by the time you find this, we'll already have years of memories together.

Either way, I hope we meet when we're both ready to choose each other, not because we're lonely, but because we've built lives worth sharing.

Until we meet,

take care of yourself.

I'll do the same.

To: Fredric Avelin, age 31

 

 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Review novel When Love Walked In karya Ega Dyp

4 Reasons Why Rest Is a Powerful Investment for Writers

Cara Menulis Klimaks Cerita yang Meledak: Panduan Step-by-Step untuk Penulis Fiksi